Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Study of a common practice in Somalia: female circumcision (in French).Med. Trop. 1995; 55: 238-242
- Female genital surgeries: the known, the unknown, and the unknowable.Med. Anthropol. Q. 1999; 13: 79-106
- Ritualistic female genital mutilation: current status and future outlook.Obstet. Gynecol. Surv. 1997; 52: 643-651
- Cesarean section among immigrants in Norway.Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand. 2000; 79: 553-558
- Perinatal complications among ethnic Somalis in Norway.Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand. 2002; 81: 317-322
- Obstetric sequelae of female circumcision.Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 1989; 32: 233-240
- Female genital cutting practices in Burkina Faso and Mali and their negative health outcomes.Stud. Fam. Plann. 1999; 30: 219-230
- The obstetrical consequences of female circumcision studied in 71 circumcised African ladies (in French).Eur. J. Obstet. Gynecol. Reprod. Biol. 1985; 14: 743-746
- Management of female genital mutilation: the Northwick Park Hospital experience.Br. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 1995; 102: 787-790
- Female circumcision as a public health issue.New Engl. J. Med. 1994; 331: 712-716
- Genital mutilation of women—is it a concern for gynecologists?.Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand. 1996; 75: 513-515
Bernard RH. Research Methods in Anthropology. Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches, second ed. Walnut Creek: Altamira Press; 1995.
- Power, self-care and health in women living in urban squatter settlements in Karachi, Pakistan: a test of Orem’s theory.J. Adv. Nurs. 1999; 30: 248-259
Holland J, Ramazanoglu C, Scott S, Sharpe S, Thomsom R. Pressure, resistance, empowerment: young women and the negotiation of safe sex. WRAP Paper 6. London: Tufnell Press; 1991. p. 29.
Geertz C. The interpretation of cultures. Selected Essays. London: Fontana Press; 1973.
- How stories make sense of personal experiences: motives that shape autobiographical narratives.Pers. Soc. Psychol. B. 1994; 20: 676-690
- Qualitative study of pregnancy and childbirth experiences in Somalian women resident in Sweden.Br. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2000; 107: 1507-1512
The World Health Report. Geneva: World Health Organisation; 1999.
- Pain as a counterpoint to culture: toward an analysis of pain associated with infibulation among Somali immigrants in Norway.Med. Antropol. Q. 2002; 16: 312-340
- 432 Somali women’s birth experiences in Canada after earlier female genital mutilation.Birth. 2000; 27: 227-234
- Female circumcision: obstetric issues.Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 1993; 169: 1616-1618
- The use of intrapartum defibulation in women with female genital mutilation.Br. J. Obstet. Gynaecol. 2001; 108: 949-951
- Fear of childbirth during pregnancy may increase the risk of emergency cesarean section.Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand. 1998; 77: 542-547