Pelvic infection is a rare but well-known complication following IVF procedures with a reported incidence <1%
- Ashkenazi J
- Farhi J
- Dicker D
- Feldberg D
- Shalev J
- Ben-Rafael Z
- et al.
Acute pelvic inflammatory disease after oocyte retrieval: adverse effects on the results of implantation.
Fertil. Steril. 1994; 61: 526-528
2]. A case of multiple abdominal abscesses following IVF procedure was established by Tc-99m-HMPAO-labeled leukocyte scintigraphy and confirmed by laparotomy. This imaging technique should be recommended for early and precise diagnosis of pelvic infection following IVF.
- Bennett S.J
- Waterstone J.J
- Cheng W.C
- Parsons J
- et al.
Complications of transvaginal ultrasound-directed follicle aspiration: a review of 2670 consecutive procedures.
J. Assist. Reprod. Genet. 1993; 10: 72-77
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Acute pelvic inflammatory disease after oocyte retrieval: adverse effects on the results of implantation.Fertil. Steril. 1994; 61: 526-528
- Complications of transvaginal ultrasound-directed follicle aspiration: a review of 2670 consecutive procedures.J. Assist. Reprod. Genet. 1993; 10: 72-77
- Diagnosis of pyogenic pelvic inflammatory diseases by Tc-99m-HMPAO leukocyte scintigraphy.Eur. J. Nucl. Med. 2000; 27: 1774-1777
Accepted: October 21, 2003
Received in revised form: September 2, 2003
Received: November 19, 2002
© 2003 Elsevier Ireland Ltd. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.