Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Passive and active maternal smoking as measured by serum cotinine: the effect on birthweight.Am J Public Health. 1995; 85: 395-398
- Increased risk of ectopic pregnancy with maternal cigarette smoking.Am J Public Health. 1991; 81: 199-201
- Placenta previa, placenta accreta, and vasa previa.Obstet Gynecol. 2006; 107: 927-941
- Prepregnancy risk factors for placental abruption.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2006; 85: 40-44
- The influence of antenatal and maternal factors on stillbirths and neonatal deaths in New South Wales, Australia.J Biosoc Sci. 2006; 38: 643-657
- Maternal smoking and causes of very preterm birth.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2005; 84: 572-577
- Maternal and neonatal factors influencing premature birth and low birth weight in Australia.J Biosoc Sci. 2003; 35: 161-174
- Epidemiology of prenatal smoking and perinatal outcomes.Early Hum Dev. 2007; 83: 713-720
- Smoking during pregnancy. Subsequent effects on offspring immune competence and disease vulnerability in later life.Reprod Toxicol. 2007; 23: 428-437
- Risk factors for first trimester miscarriage—results from a UK-population-based case-control study.BJOG. 2007; 114: 170-186
- Extreme prematurity: an alcohol-related birth effect.Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2007; 31: 1031-1037
- Ethanol and the placenta: a review.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2007; 20: 361-375
- Fetal alcohol syndrome: diagnosis, epidemiology, prevention and treatment.National Academy Press, Washington, DC1996
- Illicit drug use before and during pregnancy at a tertiary maternity hospital 2000–2006.Drug Alcohol Rev. 2010; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Effect of marihuana use in pregnancy on fetal growth.Am J Epidemiol. 1986; 124: 986-993
- Marijuana use during pregnancy and decreased length of gestation.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1984; 150: 23-27
- Effects of maternal drinking and marijuana.Pediatrics. 1982; 70: 539-545
- Effects of maternal marijuana and cocaine use on fetal growth.N Engl J Med. 1989; 320: 762-768
Cocaine Reproductive Toxicology Center. http://www.reprotox.org/Members/AgentDetail.aspx?a=1059 [accessed March 2011].
Amphetamines Reproductive Toxicology Center. http://www.reprotox.org/Members/AgentDetail.aspx?a=1016 [accessed March 2011].
- Perinatal problems (excluding neonatal withdrawal) in maternal drug addiction: a study of 830 cases.J Pediatr. 1979; 94: 292-295
- Maternal and fetal effects of heroin addiction during pregnancy.J Reprod Med. 1990; 35: 159-162
- Relationship of maternal substance abuse to subsequent sudden infant death syndrome in offspring.J Pediatr. 1993; 123: 120-126
- Neurodevelopmental outcome after prenatal exposure to opiates.Eur J Pediatr. 1998; 157: 724-730
- Drug abuse in pregnancy: fetal growth and malformations.Panminerva Med. 1989; 31: 71-75
- Prospective randomised comparative study of the effect of buprenorphine: methadone and heroin on the course of pregnancy, birthweight of newborns, early postpartum adaptation and course of the neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS) in women followed up in the outpatient department.Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2008; 29: 80-86
- National guidelines on alcohol use during pregnancy: a dissenting opinion.MJA. 2007; 186: 35-37
- Risk of drug-induced congenital defects.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2004; 117: 10-19
Annuario Statistico Italiano. http://www.sosimpresa.it/userFiles/File/Documenti2/annuario_statistico_italiano_2010.pdf; 2010 [accessed March 2011].
- Depression and smoking in the U.S. household population aged 20 and over, 2005–2008.NCHS Data Brief Depre. 2010; : 1-8
L’uso e l’abuso di alcool in Italia. Anno. http://www.istat.it/salastampa/comunicati/non_calendario/20100422_00/testointegrale20100422.pdf; 2009 [accessed March 2011].
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Guidelines for Referral and Diagnosis. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/documents/FAS_guidelines_accessible.pdf; 2005 [accessed March 2011].
- Trends in smoking before: during, and after pregnancy – Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), United States, 31 sites, 2000–2005.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2009; 58: 1-29
- Socio-demographic factors and processes associated with stages of change for smoking cessation in pregnant versus non-pregnant women.BMC Womens Health. 2011; 11: 3
- Alcohol use among pregnant and nonpregnant women of childbearing age – United States, 1991–2005.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2009; 58: 529-532
- Pregnancy-related substance use in the United States during 1996–1998.Obstet Gynecol. 2003; 101: 374-379
- Childbirth, abortion and subsequent substance use in young women: a population-based longitudinal study.Addiction. 2007; 102: 1971-1978
- Long-term physical and psychological health consequences of induced abortion: review of the evidence.Obstet Gynecol Surv. 2003; 58: 67-79
- Preconception counselling: a five-year experience in a teratology information service.Lett Drug Des Discov. 2010; 7: 346-352