- •Clinical application of prediction models is increasing within the field of OBGYN.
- •Correct model development and transparent reporting is important for clinical use.
- •We advise using the TRIPOD criteria for developing and validating prediction models.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Levator ani muscle avulsion during childbirth: a risk prediction model.BJOG. 2014; 121 (discussion 1163): 1155-1163
- Predicting the chance of vaginal delivery after one cesarean section: validation and elaboration of a published prediction model.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015; 188: 88-94
Steyerberg EW. Clinical prediction models. A practical approach to development, validation and updating. Springer, editor. New York; 2009.
G. E, D. F, R. T, N. J-W, A. L, P. K, et al. Shared decision making: A model for clinical practice. J Gen Intern Med. 2012;
- Clinical prediction rules: a review and suggested modifications of methodological standards.J Am Med Assoc. 1997;
- Risk prediction models: I. Development, internal validation, and assessing the incremental value of a new (bio)marker.Heart. 2012;
Collins GS, Reitsma JB, Altman DG, Moons KGM. Transparent Reporting of a multivariable prediction model for Individual Prognosis Or Diagnosis (TRIPOD): the TRIPOD Statement. Br J Surg [Internet]. 2015 Feb [cited 2018 Dec 3];102(3):148–58. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25627261.
- Translating clinical research into clinical practice: Impact of using prediction rules to make decisions.Ann Intern Med. 2006;
- Users’ guides to the medical literature XXII: How to use articles about clinical decision rules.J Am Med Assoc. 2000;
- Dwalingen in de methodologie. XXXIV. Predictiemodellen stellen vaak teleur.Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2001;
- Transparent reporting of a multivariable prediction model for individual prognosis or diagnosis (TRIPOD): explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2015;
- New guideline for the reporting of studies developing, validating, or updating a multivariable clinical prediction model: the TRIPOD statement.Adv Anatomic Pathol. 2015;
- Predicting the chance of vaginal delivery after one cesarean section: validation and elaboration of a published prediction model.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2015;
- Logistic regression model to distinguish between the benign and malignant adnexal mass before surgery: a multicenter study by the International Ovarian Tumor Analysis Group.J Clin Oncol. 2005;
- The risk of malignancy index in discrimination of adnexal masses.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2007;
Bouquier J, Huchon C, Panel P, Fauconnier A. A self-assessed questionnaire can help in the diagnosis of pelvic inflammatory disease. Sex Transm Dis. 2014/08/15. 2014;41(9):525–31.
- Development of a model for the prediction of treatment response of uterine leiomyomas after uterine artery embolization.Int J Med Sci. 2018; 15: 1771-1777
Stanhiser J, Chagin K, Jelovsek JE. A model to predict risk of blood transfusion after gynecologic surgery. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017/01/21. 2017;216(5):506.e1-506.e14.
Stevens KYR, Meulenbroeks D, Houterman S, Gijsen T, Weyers S, Schoot BC. Prediction of unsuccessful endometrial ablation: a retrospective study. Gynecol Surg [Internet]. 2019;16(1):7. Available from: https://doi.org/10.1186/s10397-019-1060-1.
- Is it possible to predict office hysteroscopy failure?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014; 181: 328-333
- Major postoperative complications after benign gynecologic surgery: a clinical prediction tool.Female Pelvic Med Reconstr Surg. 2012; 18: 274-280
- Ultrasound assessment of haemoperitoneum in ectopic pregnancy: derivation of a prediction model.World J Emerg Surg. 2007; : 2-23
- Surgical intervention in patients with tubo-ovarian abscess: clinical predictors and a simple risk score.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2019; 26: 535-543
- Improving quality of care: development of a risk-adjusted perioperative morbidity model for vaginal hysterectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;
- A risk prediction model for medical treatment failure in tubal pregnancy.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2018; 225: 148-154
- Markers of deep infiltrating endometriosis in patients with ovarian endometrioma: a predictive model.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017; 209: 55-60
- Risk of complication at the time of laparoscopic hysterectomy: a prediction model built from the National Surgical Quality Improvement Program database.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020;
- Development of a prediction model to aid primary care physicians in early identification of women at high risk of developing endometriosis: cross-sectional study.BMJ Open. 2019; 9 (e030346)
- Derivation of a clinical prediction model for the emergency department diagnosis of ectopic pregnancy.Acad Emerg Med [Internet]. 1998; 5 (Available from): 951-960
- The use of a new logistic regression model for predicting the outcome of pregnancies of unknown location.Hum Reprod. 2004;
- Prediction of ectopic pregnancy in women with a pregnancy of unknown location.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2007;
- A clinical score can predict associated deep infiltrating endometriosis before surgery for an endometrioma.Hum Reprod. 2014; 29: 1666-1676
- Can we improve the prediction of pouch of Douglas obliteration in women with suspected endometriosis using ultrasound-based models? A multicenter prospective observational study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2015;
- Development of a clinical prediction model for diagnosing adenomyosis.Fertil Steril. 2018; 110: 957-964.e3
- Factors attributing to the failure of endometrial sampling in women with postmenopausal bleeding.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013; 92: 1216-1222
- Prediction of time to return to work after gynaecological surgery: a prospective cohort study in the Netherlands.BJOG. 2014; 121: 487-497
- Managing pregnancy of unknown location based on initial serum progesterone and serial serum hCG levels: development and validation of a two-step triage protocol.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 642-649
- History and physical examination to estimate the risk of ectopic pregnancy: validation of a clinical prediction model.Ann Emerg Med. 1999;
- Rationalizing the management of pregnancies of unknown location: temporal and external validation of a risk prediction model on 1962 pregnancies.Hum Reprod [Internet]. 2013; 28 (Available from): 609-616
- Models to predict unsuccessful endometrial ablation: external validation.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2019;
- Observational research methods. Research design II.Emerg Med J. 2003;
- Reporting and methods in clinical prediction research: a systematic review.PLoS Med. 2012; 9
- Towards better clinical prediction models: seven steps for development and an ABCD for validation.Eur Heart J. 2014;
Steyerberg EW, Eijkemans MJ, Harrell FE, Habbema JD. Prognostic modelling with logistic regression analysis: a comparison of selection and estimation methods in small data sets. Stat Med [Internet]. 2000 Apr 30 [cited 2018 Dec 3];19(8):1059–79. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10790680.
Steyerberg EW, Eijkemans MJ, Habbema JD. Stepwise selection in small data sets: a simulation study of bias in logistic regression analysis. J Clin Epidemiol [Internet]. 1999 Oct [cited 2018 Dec 3];52(10):935–42. Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10513756.
- Bias arising from missing data in predictive models.J Clin Epidemiol. 2006;
van der Heijden GJMG, T. Donders AR, Stijnen T, Moons KGM. Imputation of missing values is superior to complete case analysis and the missing-indicator method in multivariable diagnostic research: A clinical example. J Clin Epidemiol. 2006.
- Assessment of the CHA2DS2-VASc score in predicting ischemic stroke, thromboembolism, and death in patients with heart failure with and without atrial fibrillation.JAMA - J Am Med Assoc. 2015;
- Risk prediction models: II. External validation, model updating, and impact assessment.Heart. 2012;
- External validation of multivariable prediction models: a systematic review of methodological conduct and reporting.BMC Med Res Method. 2014;
- A new framework to enhance the interpretation of external validation studies of clinical prediction models.J Clin Epidemiol. 2015;
- PROBAST: a tool to assess risk of bias and applicability of prediction model studies: Explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2019;
Stevens KYR, Houterman S, Muller I, Weyers S, van Vliet H, Schoot BC. Models to Predict Unsuccessful Endometrial Ablation: External Validation. J Minim Invasive Gynecol [Internet]. 2019;26 (7 Supp:S46. Available from: http://ovidsp.ovid.com/ovidweb.cgi?T=JS&CSC=Y&NEWS=N&PAGE=fulltext&D=emexb&AN=2003345838.
Moher D, Liberati A, Tetzlaff J AD. PRISMA 2009 Flow Diagram. The PRISMA statement. 2009.