- •Histopathological analysis from random biopsies could distinguish bladder carcinoma from clinically suspected IC/BPS.
- •Hydrodistension is more likely to be effective when chronic pelvic pain is obviously alleviated.
- •The efficacy of hydrodistension could act in a certain period of time.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Symptoms of interstitial cystitis, painful bladder syndrome and similar diseases in women: a systematic review.J Urol. 2007; 177: 450-456
- Urologic chronic pelvic pain syndrome: insights from the MAPP Research Network.Nat Rev Urol. 2019; 16: 187-200
- Prevalence of symptoms of bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis among adult females in the United States.J Urol. 2011; 186: 540-544
- Psychosocial phenotyping in women with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome: a case control study.J Urol. 2010; 183: 167-172
Aram Kim, Ju-Young Han, Chae-Min Ryu, Hwan Yeul Yu, Seungun Lee, YongHwan Kim, Se Un Jeong, et al. Histopathological characteristics of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome without Hunner lesion. Histopathology 2017 Sep;71(3):415-424.
- Variations in bladder pain syndrome/interstitial cystitis (IC) definitions, pathogenesis, diagnostics and treatment: a systematic review and evaluation of national and international guidelines.Int Urogynecol J. 2019; 30: 1795-1805
- Guideline of guidelines: bladder pain syndrome.BJU Int. 2018; 122: 729-743
- Treatments used in women with interstitial cystitis: the interstitial cystitis data base (ICDB) study experience. The Interstitial Cystitis Data Base Study Group.Urology. 2000; 56: 940-945
Joop P van de Merwe, Jørgen Nordling, Pierre Bouchelouche, Kirsten Bouchelouche, Mauro Cervigni, L Kurosch Daha, et al. Diagnostic criteria, classification, and nomenclature for painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis: an ESSIC proposal. Review Eur Urol. 2008 Jan;53(1):60-7.
- Clinical phenotyping of women with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome: a key to classification and potentially improved management.J Urol. 2009; 182: 155-160
- Phenotype-directed management of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome.Urology. 2014; 84: 175-179
- Diagnostic criteria, classification, and nomenclature for painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis: an ESSIC proposal.Eur Urol. 2008; 53: 60-67
- Cystoscopic evaluation and clinical phenotyping in interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome.Turk Ger Gynecol Assoc. 2019; 20: 117-122
- How does interstitial cystitis begin?.Transl Androl Urol. 2015; 4: 605-610
- Correlation between 2 interstitial cystitis symptom instruments.J Urol. 2005; 173: 835-840
- Visceral and cutaneous sensory testing in patients with painful bladder syndrome.Neurourol Urodyn. 2005; 24: 627-632
- Cystodistension versus cystoscopy in patients with refractory detrusor overactivity: a randomized controlled trial.Int Urogynecol J. 2018; 29: 259-264
J Curtis Nickel, Dean Tripp, Valerie Teal, Kathleen J Propert, David Burks, Harris E Foster, Philip Hanno, et al. Sexual function is a determinant of poor quality of life (Qol) for women with treatment refractory interstitial cystitis. J Urol 2007 May;177(5):1832–6.
Philip M Hanno, Deborah Erickson, Robert Moldwin, Martha M Faraday, American Urological Association. Diagnosis and treatment of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome: AUA guideline amendment. J Urol 2015 May;193(5):1545–53.
- Pain and urinary symptoms should not be combined into a single score: psychometric findings from the MAPP Research Network.J Urol. 2016; 195: 949-954
- Hunner lesion versus non-Hunner lesion interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome.Int J Urol. 2019; 26: 26-34
- Endoscopic ablation of Hunner's lesions in interstitial cystitis patients.Can Urol Assoc J. 2009; 3: 473-477
- Hunner lesion phenotype in interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Urol. 2020; 204: 518-523
- Evaluation of prostaglandin E2 and E-series prostaglandin receptor in patients with interstitial cystitis.J Urol. 2015; 193: 1987-1993
- AUA guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome.J Urol. 2011; 185: 2162-2170