- •Twenty and 71 % of women had anti-PT IgG level >10 IU/ml before and after immunization.
- •Post-vaccination maternal and cord blood antibodies were higher than pre-vaccination.
- •Cord blood anti-PT IgG levels were higher if vaccinated 11 weeks and more before birth.
- •Early third trimester vaccination generated higher maternal and cord blood antibodies.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Pertussis, Current perspectives on epidemiology and prevention.Hum Vacc & Immunother. 2015; 11: 108-117
- The effect of timing of maternal tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization during pregnancy on newborn pertussis antibody levels—a prospective study.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 5787-5793
- Antenatal vaccination to decrease pertussis in infants: safety, effectiveness, timing, and implementation.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2019; 32: 1541-1546
- Efficacy and safety of pertussis vaccination for pregnant women – a systematic review of randomised controlled trials and observational studies.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017; 17: 390
- An update of the global burden of pertussis in children younger than 5 years: a modelling study.Lancet Infect Dis. 2017; 17: 974-980
- Pertussis vaccines: WHO position paper.Wkly Epidemiol Rec. 2010; 40: 385-400
- California pertussis epidemic, 2010.J Pediatr. 2012; 161: 1091-1096
- Neonatal pertussis, cocooning and maternal immunization.Expert Rev Vaccines. 2014; 13: 1107-1114
- Maternal immunization: an update for pediatricians.Pediatr Ann. 2013; 42: 153-158
- Prevalence of pertussis antibodies in maternal delivery, cord, and infant serum.J Infect Dis. 2004; 190: 335-340
Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adults: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine. Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and recommendation of ACIP, supported by the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC), for use of Tdap among health-care personnel. MMWR 2006, 55.
- Updated Recommendations for Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis (Tdap) Vaccine in Pregnant Women and Persons Who Have or Anticipate Having Close Contact with an Infant Aged Less than 12 Months — Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1424-1426
- An Assessment of the Cocooning Strategy for Preventing Infant Pertussis-United States, 2011.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 63: S221-S226
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) in pregnant women—Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2012.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 131-135
World Health Organization. WHO vaccine-preventable diseases: monitoring system. 2019 global summary.
- Bogmaca aşısı ve sorunlar.ANKEM Derg. 2011; 25: 212-217
Gall SA, Myers J, Pichichero M. Maternal immunization with tetanus diphtheria pertussis vaccine: effect on maternal and neonatal serum antibody levels. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;204(4): 334.e1–5.
- PERTU Working Group. Combined tetanus-diphtheria and pertussis vaccine during pregnancy: transfer of maternal pertussis antibodies to the newborn.Vaccine. 2015; 33: 1056-1062
- Levels of anti-pertussis antibodies related to protection after household exposure to Bordetella pertussis.Vaccine. 1998; 16: 1907-1916
- Correlation between pertussis toxin IgG antibodies in postvaccination sera and subsequent protection against pertussis.J Infect Dis. 2000; 181: 1010-1013
- Maternally derived antibodies against Bordetella pertussis antigens pertussis toxin and filamentous hemagglutinin in preterm and full term newborns.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009; 28: 443-445
- Placental transport of immunoglobulin G.Vaccine. 2003; 21: 3365-3369
- The effect of timing of maternal tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization during pregnancy on newborn pertussis antibody levels – a prospective study.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 5787-5793
- Safety and immunogenicity of tetanus diphtheria and acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization during pregnancy in mothers and infants: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2014; 311: 1760https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2014.3633
- Effect of a prepregnancy pertussis booster dose on maternal antibody titers in young infants.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2011; 30: 608-610
Hardy-Fairbanks AJ, Pan SJ, Decker MD, et al. Immune responses in infants whose mothers received Tdap vaccine during pregnancy. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2013; 32: 1257–60.
- Importance of timing of maternal combined tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Tdap) immunization and protection of young infants.Clin Infect Dis. 2013; 56: 539-544
Wanlapakorn N, Thongmee T, Vichaiwattana P, Leuridan E, Vongpunsawad S, Poovorawan Y. Antibodies to Bordetella pertussis antigens in maternal and cord blood pairs: a Thai cohort study. Peer J 2017; 5: 40-3.
- Role of maternal pertussis antibodies in infants.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005; 24: 62-65
Hincapié-Palacio D, Hoyos MC, Ochoa J, Montoya N, García D, Osorio E; Pertussis Working Group. Effect of maternal immunization against pertussis in Medellin and the metropolitan area, Colombia, 2016-2017. Vaccine 2018; 36(27): 3984-91.
- Maternal immunization earlier in pregnancy maximizes antibody transfer and expected infant seropositivity against pertussis.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 62: 829-836
Morgan JL, Baggari SR, McIntire DD, Sheffield JS. Pregnancy outcomes after antepartum tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccination Obstet Gynecol 2015; 125(6): 1433-8.
- Infant outcomes after exposure to Tdap vaccine in pregnancy: an observational study.BMJ Open. 2016; 6: e009536https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2015-009536