Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Pain relief for outpatient hysteroscopy.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2017; https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.cd007710.pub3
- Outpatient hysteroscopy: an observational study of patient acceptability.Medicina (Kaunas). 2004; 40: 1207-1210
- Pain management in outpatient hysteroscopy.Gynecology and Minimally Invasive Therapy. 2016; 5: 141-147https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gmit.2016.08.001
Clark TJ, Cooper NAM, Kremer C. Green-top Guideline No. 59 Best Practice in Outpatient Hysteroscopy. London: 2011.
- Continuum of Depth of Sedation: Definition of General Anesthesia and Levels of Sedation/Analgesia.Quality Management and Departmental Administration, Committee of Origin2019
- A Report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists Task Force on Moderate Procedural Sedation and Analgesia, the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.American. Anesthesiology. 2018; 2018: 437-479https://doi.org/10.1097/ALN.0000000000002043
- Conscious sedation for pain control during outpatient hysteroscopy.International Prospective Register of Systematic Reviews, PROSPERO2019 (https://www.crd.york.ac.uk/prospero/display_record.php?ID=CRD42019138152)
Cochrane. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions version 6.1 (updated September 2020) 2020. www.training.cochrane.org/handbook (accessed November 1, 2020).
- RoB 2: a revised tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials.Br Med J. 2019; 366: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD201601
- Review Manager (RevMan) [Computer program]. 2014; 5.3
- Outpatient operative hysteroscopy with bipolar electrode: A prospective multicentre randomized study between local anaesthesia and conscious sedation.Hum Reprod. 2003; 18: 840-843https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deg075
- Comparison of efficacy of oral drotaverine plus mefenamic acid with paracervical block and with intravenous sedation for pain relief during hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy.Indian J Med Sci. 2009; 63: 244-252https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5359.53394
- Oral Analgesia vs Intravenous Conscious Sedation during Essure Micro-Insert Sterilization Procedure: Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial.Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology. 2011; 18: 108-111https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2010.10.006
- Nitrous oxide for pain management during in-office hysteroscopic sterilization: a randomized controlled trial.Contraception. 2017; 95: 239-244https://doi.org/10.1016/j.contraception.2016.09.006
- Evaluation of Paracervical Block and IV Sedation for Pain Management during Hysteroscopic Polypectomy: A Randomized Clinical Trial.Pain Res Manage. 2017; 2017: 1-7https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/5309408
- Comparison of sedation with dexmedetomidine vs propofol during hysteroscopic surgery: Single-centre randomized controlled trial.J Clin Pharm Ther. 2019; 44: 312-317https://doi.org/10.1111/jcpt.2019.44.issue-210.1111/jcpt.12793
- Low-dose ketamine for outpatient hysteroscopy: A prospective, randomised, double-blind study.Turkish Journal of Anaesthesiology and Reanimation. 2020; : 134-141https://doi.org/10.5152/TJAR.10.5152/TJAR.202010.5152/TJAR.2019.73554
- Vaginoscopy for office hysteroscopy: A systematic review & meta-analysis.European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2020; 252: 278-285https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejogrb.2020.06.045
National Guideline Alliance (UK). Anaesthesia or sedation for surgical abortion: Abortion care: Evidence review N. NICE Guideline [NG140] 2019. https://doi.org/10.1007/9781107338623
- An Evaluation of Oral Midazolam for Anxiety and Pain in First-Trimester Surgical Abortion: A Randomized Controlled Trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 126: 37-46https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0000000000000913
- Oral compared with intravenous sedation for first-trimester surgical abortion: a randomized controlled trial.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 276-283https://doi.org/10.1097/AOG.0b013e3181938758
- Safe Sedation Practice for Healthcare Procedures: Standards and Guidance.Academy of Medical Royal Colleges, London2013