Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
Hayes-Ryan D, VODaSC. Manual Vacuum Aspiration Standard Operting Procedure Rotunda Hosital Dublin. [SOP]. In press 2020.
- Manual vacuum aspiration, a safe and effective alternative in early pregnancy termination.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2001; 80: 563-567
- Manual versus electric vacuum aspiration for early first-trimester abortion: a controlled study of complication rates.Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 103: 101-107
- A comparative study of manual vaccum aspiration (MVA) AND electric vaccum aspiration (EVA) for pregnancy termination of upto 10 weeks gestation.Int J Reprod Contraception Obstetrics Gynecol. 2013; 2: 199
- Early surgical abortion: an alternative to and backup for medical abortion.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 183: S76-S83
- Medical management of miscarriage with mifepristone.Lancet (London, England). 2020; 396: 737-739
- A time and cost analysis of the management of incomplete abortion with manual vacuum aspiration.Int J Gynaecol Obstetrics. 1994; 45: 261-267
- Manual vacuum aspiration: a safe alternative for the surgical management of early pregnancy loss.BJOG. 2009; 116: 1268-1271
FSRH. FSRH Clinical Guideline: Intrauterine Contraception: FSRH; 2019 [Available from: https://www.fsrh.org/standards-and-guidance/documents/ceuguidanceintrauterinecontraception/.
- Pain control in abortion.Int J Gynaecol Obstetrics. 1995; 50: 41-46
Hayes-Ryan D, VODaSC. Manual Vacuum Aspiration Patient Information Leaflet, Rotunda Hospital. 2020.
- Integrating quantitative and qualitative results in health science mixed methods research through joint displays.Ann Fam Med. 2015; 13: 554-561
Department of Health I. National Maternity Strategy2016-2026. GOV.ie: Department of Health Ireland; 2016. p. 133.
- Working in the shadows, under the spotlight – reflections on lessons learnt in the Republic of Ireland after the first 18 months of more liberal Abortion Care.Contraception. 2020; 102: 305-307
- Surgical procedures for evacuating incomplete miscarriage.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2010; 9
Oliver A, Overton C. Diagnosis and management of miscarriage. The Practitioner. 2014;258(1771):25-8, 3.
Bird ST, Harvey SM, Nichols MD, Edelman A. Comparing the acceptability of manual vacuum aspiration and electric vacuum aspiration as methods of early abortion. J Am Med Womens Assoc (1972). 2001;56(3):124-6.
- Women's perspectives on termination service delivery in Vietnam: a cross-sectional survey in three provinces.Int J Womens Health. 2014; 6: 927-933
- Women's evaluation of three early abortion methods.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1992; 71: 616-623
Scott Edwards RT, Margaret Fredrick, Xiangke Huang, Jun Zhang, Kurt Barnhart. Patient acceptability of manual versus electric vacuum aspiration for early pregnancy loss. J Women’s Health. 2007;16(10):1429-36.