Abbreviations:NICE CKS (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Clinical Knowledge Summaries), NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit), NHS (National Health Service), PET (Pre-eclampsia), PLGF (Placental growth factor), ROC (Receiver-operating characteristic), sFLT-1 (Soluble FMS-like Tyrosine Kinase-1), UK (United Kingdom), ULHT (United Lincolnshire Hospital Trust)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Is pre-eclampsia more than one disease?.BJOG An Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004; 111: 298-302https://doi.org/10.1111/bjo.2004.111.issue-410.1111/j.1471-0528.2004.00071.x
- Evaluation of a definition of pre-eclampsia.BJOG An Int J Obstet Gynaecol. 1999; 106: 767-773https://doi.org/10.1111/bjo.1999.106.issue-810.1111/j.1471-0528.1999.tb08396.x
- Epidemiology of pre-eclampsia and the other hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2011; 25: 391-403https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2011.01.006
Macdonald-Wallis C, Lawlor DA, Heron J, Fraser A, Nelson SM, Tilling K. Relationships of risk factors for pre-eclampsia with patterns of occurrence of isolated gestational proteinuria during normal term pregnancy. PLoS One 2011;6. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0022115.
- Preeclampsia Screening.JAMA. 2017; 317: 1668https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2016.18315
- Diagnosing gestational hypertension and preeclampsia with the 24-hour mean of blood pressure.Hypertension. 1997; 30: 1531-1537https://doi.org/10.1161/01.HYP.30.6.1531
- Diagnostic accuracy of spot urinary protein and albumin to creatinine ratios for detection of significant proteinuria or adverse pregnancy outcome in patients with suspected pre-eclampsia: Systematic review and meta-analysis.BMJ. 2012; 345 (e4342-e4342)https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.e4342
- Placental growth factor testing for suspected pre-eclampsia: a cost-effectiveness analysis. BJOG An Int.J Obstet Gynaecol. 2019; 126: 1390-1398https://doi.org/10.1111/bjo.v126.1110.1111/1471-0528.15855
- Estimating the Cost of Preeclampsia in the Healthcare System.Hypertension. 2017; 70: 1243-1249https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.117.09499
- Diagnosis and management of preeclampsia.Am Fam Physician. 2004; 70
- Randomized Interventional Study on Prediction of Preeclampsia/Eclampsia in Women with Suspected Preeclampsia: INSPIRE.Hypertension. 2019; 74: 983-990https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.119.12739
- Predictive Value of the sFlt-1:PlGF Ratio in Women with Suspected Preeclampsia.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 13-22https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1414838
- Circulating Angiogenic Factors and the Risk of Preeclampsia.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 672-683https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa031884
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. PlGF-based testing to help diagnose suspected pre-eclampsia (Triage PlGF test, Elecsys immunoassay sFlt-1/PlGF ratio, DELFIA Xpress PlGF 1-2-3 test, and BRAHMS sFlt-1 Kryptor/BRAHMS PlGF plus Kryptor PE ratio). Https://WwwNiceOrgUk/Guidance/Dg23/Chapter/1-Recommendations 2016. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/dg23 (accessed July 2, 2021).
- Prediction of Preeclampsia-Related Adverse Outcomes with the sFlt-1 (Soluble fms-Like Tyrosine Kinase 1)/PlGF (Placental Growth Factor)-Ratio in the Clinical Routine: A Real-World Study.Hypertension. 2021; 77: 461-471https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.120.15146
- Short-Term Prediction of Adverse Outcomes Using the sFlt-1 (Soluble fms-Like Tyrosine Kinase 1)/PlGF (Placental Growth Factor) Ratio in Asian Women with Suspected Preeclampsia.Hypertension. 2019; 74: 164-172https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.119.12760
- Evaluation of sFlt-1/PlGF ratio for predicting and improving clinical management of pre-eclampsia: Experience in a specialized perinatal care center. Ann.Lab Med. 2018; 38: 95-101https://doi.org/10.3343/alm.2018.38.2.95
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Review of DG23: PLGF-based testing to help diagnose suspected pre-eclampsia (Triage PlGF test, Elecsys immunoassay sFlt1/PLGF ratio, DELFIA Xpress PLGF 1-2-3 test, and BRAHMS sFlt-1 Kryptor/BRAHMS PLGF plus Kryptor PE ratio). Cent Heal Technol Eval 2016. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/dg23/evidence/review-decision-february-2020-pdf-8830114525 (accessed June 15, 2021).
National Health Service England, National Health Service Improvement. Innovation and Technology Payment - Technical Notes 2020. https://www.england.nhs.uk/aac/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2020/12/PAR0091-itp-technical-guidance-20-20-v8.pdf (accessed July 21, 2021).
Sucheta Jindal. PlGF ratio in the management of suspected Pre-eclampsia 2020.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Clinical Knowledge Summaries. Hypertension in Pregnancy 2020. https://cks.nice.org.uk/topics/hypertension-in-pregnancy/ (accessed July 21, 2021).
- Implementation of the sFlt-1/PlGF ratio for prediction and diagnosis of pre-eclampsia in singleton pregnancy: Implications for clinical practice.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2015; 45: 241-246https://doi.org/10.1002/uog.14799
- Usefulness of the sFlt-1/PlGF (Soluble fms-Like Tyrosine Kinase-1/Placental Growth Factor) Ratio in Diagnosis or Misdiagnosis in Women with Clinical Diagnosis of Preeclampsia.Hypertension. 2020; 76: 892-900https://doi.org/10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.120.15552
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Resource Impact Template: PIGF-based testing to help diagnose suspected pre-eclampsia 2016. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/dg23/resources (accessed July 21, 2021).
- THE PHYSIOLOGY OF PRE-ECLAMPSIA.Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 1995; 22: 781-791https://doi.org/10.1111/cep.1995.22.issue-1110.1111/j.1440-1681.1995.tb01937.x
- Screening for fetal growth restriction and placental insufficiency.Semin Fetal Neonatal Med. 2018; 23: 119-125https://doi.org/10.1016/j.siny.2017.11.004
National Health Service. MedTech Funding Mandate policy 2021/22 2021. https://www.england.nhs.uk/aac/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2021/01/mtfm-policy-guidance-jan-2021.pdf (accessed July 21, 2021).
- PreOS (Preeclampsia Open Study), a Multicenter, Prospective, Non-Interventional Study Evaluating the Influence of the sFlt-1/PlGF Ratio on Physician Decision-Making in Pregnant Women with Suspicion of Preeclampsia.Geburtshilfe Frauenheilkd. 2015; 75https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0000002010.1055/s-005-2896510.1055/s-0035-1548683
- sFlt-1/PlGF ratio test for pre-eclampsia: an economic assessment for the UK.Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016; 48: 765-771https://doi.org/10.1002/uog.2016.48.issue-610.1002/uog.15997
- Evaluation of Angiogenic Factors (PlGF and sFlt-1) in Pre-eclampsia Diagnosis.Rev Bras Ginecol e Obstet. 2020; 42: 697-704https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1713916
- Placental growth factor (PLGF) in women with suspected pre-eclampsia prior to 35 weeks’ gestation: A budget impact analysis.PLoS ONE. 2016; 11: e0164276https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0164276