- •Uterine leiomyosarcomas (uLMS) and endometrial stromal sarcomas (ESS) were studied.
- •The impact of lymphadenectomy on the prognosis of uLMS and ESS was evaluated.
- •Lymphadenectomy was found to have little effect in patients with early-stage uLMS or low-grade ESS.
- •Lymphadenectomy may show survival benefits in patients with high-grade ESS.
Abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), ESS (endometrial stromal sarcoma), HG (high-grade), LG (low-grade), LMS (leiomyosarcoma), MMMT (malignant mixed Mullerian tumor), NOS (Newcastle-Ottawa), OS (overall survival), RR (relative risk), uLMS (uterine leiomyosarcoma)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Prognostic factors and treatment outcomes of patients with uterine sarcoma: analysis of 127 patients at a single institution, 1989–2007.J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2008; 134: 1277-1287
- Aktuelle WHO-Klassifikation des weiblichen Genitale: viel Neues, aber auch manch Altes [Current WHO classification of the female genitals: many new things, but also some old].Pathologe. 2021; 42 ([in German]): 259-269
Abeler VM, Røyne O, Thoresen S, Danielsen HE, Nesland JM, Kristensen GB. Uterine sarcomas in Norway. A histopathological and prognostic survey of a total population from 1970 to 2000 including 419 patients. Histopathology 2009;54:355–64.
- Clinical outcome and prognostic factors in 100 cases of uterine sarcoma: experience in Helsinki University Central Hospital 1990–2001.Gynecol Oncol. 2008; 111: 74-81
- Endometrial stromal sarcoma: a population-based analysis.Br J Cancer. 2008; 99: 1210-1215
Abu-Rustum NR, Yashar CM, Bradley K, et al. NCCN guidelines insights: uterine neoplasms. Version 3. 2021. J Natl Compr Canc Netw 2021;19:888–95.
- Incidence of lymph node and ovarian metastases in leiomyosarcoma of the uterus.Gynecol Oncol. 2003; 91: 209-212
- Prognostic factors and survival in 1396 patients with uterine leiomyosarcomas: emphasis on impact of lymphadenectomy and oophorectomy.Cancer. 2008; 112: 820-830
- Does lymphadenectomy improve survival in uterine leiomyosarcoma?.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2015; 25: 1031-1036
- Endometrial stromal sarcoma – a retrospective analysis of factors affecting recurrence.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2017; 216: 92-97
- Clinicopathological characteristics and treatment strategies for patients with low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma.Medicine. 2017; 96: e6584
- Construction and validation of nomograms for predicting the prognosis of uterine leiomyosarcoma: a population-based study.Med Sci Monit. 2020; 26: e922739
- Critical evaluation of the Newcastle-Ottawa scale for the assessment of the quality of nonrandomized studies in meta-analyses.Eur J Epidemiol. 2010; 25: 603-605
- Ovary and uterus-sparing procedures for low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: a retrospective study of 153 cases.Gynecol Oncol. 2014; 132: 654-660
- Survival outcomes of different treatment modalities in patients with low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma.Chin Med J. 2019; 132: 1128-1132
- Prognosis and treatment of uterine leiomyosarcoma: a National Cancer Database study.Gynecol Oncol. 2017; 145: 61-70
- Trabectedin in combination with doxorubicin for first-line treatment of advanced uterine or soft-tissue leiomyosarcoma (LMS-02): a non-randomised, multicentre, phase 2 trial.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 457-464
- Lymphatic ascites following pelvic and paraaortic lymphadenectomy procedures for gynecologic malignancies.Gynecol Oncol. 2012; 125: 48-53
- Prognosticators and the role of lymphadenectomy in uterine leiomyosarcomas.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009; 280: 79-85
- Prognostic factors and survival outcomes of women with uterine leiomyosarcoma: a Turkish Uterine Sarcoma Group Study-003.Curr Probl Cancer. 2021; 45: 100712
- Role of lymphadenectomy for apparent early stage uterine sarcoma; a comprehensive analysis of the National Cancer Database.Surg Oncol. 2021; 38: 101589
- Clinicopathological and molecular markers associated with prognosis and treatment effectiveness of endometrial stromal sarcoma: a retrospective study in China.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2014; 289: 383-391
- Lymphadenectomy and ovarian preservation in low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma.Obstet Gynecol. 2008; 112: 1102-1108
- Lymphadenectomy in uterine low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: an analysis of 19 cases and a literature review.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2010; 20: 1363-1366
- Does radiotherapy or lymphadenectomy improve survival in endometrial stromal sarcoma?.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2009; 19: 1232-1238
- Clinical study investigating the role of lymphadenectomy, surgical castration and adjuvant hormonal treatment in endometrial stromal sarcoma.Br J Cancer. 2007; 97: 1194-1199
- Low-grade and high-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: a National Cancer Database study.Gynecol Oncol. 2017; 146: 254-262
- Prognostic factors and outcomes in endometrial stromal sarcoma with the 2009 FIGO staging system: a multicenter review of 114 cases.Gynecol Oncol. 2014; 132: 70-75
- Clinical outcomes of uterine sarcomas: results from 14 years worth of experience in the Kinki District in Japan (1990–2003).Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2006; 16: 1358-1363
- A nomogram for predicting overall survival in patients with uterine leiomyosarcoma: a SEER population-based study.Future Oncol. 2020; 16: 573-584
- Treatment and recurrence patterns in endometrial stromal sarcomas and the relation to c-kit expression.Gynecol Oncol. 2004; 95: 632-636
- The impact of tumor morcellation during surgery on the outcomes of patients with apparently early low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma of the uterus.Ann Surg Oncol. 2011; 18: 3453-3461
- Stages I to II WHO 2003-defined low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: how much primary therapy is needed and how little is enough?.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2013; 23: 488-493
- Influence of different treatment modalities on survival of patients with low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: a retrospective cohort study.Int J Surg. 2015; 23: 147-151
- A nomogram for predicting overall survival in patients with low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: a population-based analysis.Cancer Commun. 2020; 40: 301-312
- Long-term impact of lymphadenectomies in patients with low-grade, early-stage uterine endometrial stroma sarcoma.J Obstet Gynaecol Res. 2020; 46: 654-662
- Localized high grade endometrial stromal sarcoma and localized undifferentiated uterine sarcoma: a retrospective series of the French Sarcoma Group.Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2019; 29: 691-698
- High-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma: a retrospective study of factors influencing prognosis.Cancer Manag Res. 2019; 11: 831-837
- High-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma versus undifferentiated uterine sarcoma: a Turkish Uterine Sarcoma Group Study-001.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2021; 304: 475-483
- Survival outcomes and prognostic factors of endometrial stromal sarcoma and undifferentiated uterine sarcoma.Clin Transl Oncol. 2021; 23: 1210-1219