- •This study showed that 4 weeks of using wormwood vaginal gel leads to a statistically significant improvement in the total score of sexual function and its other dimensions (sexual desire, sexual arousal, lubrication, orgasm, satisfaction and sexual pain).
- •Sexual satisfaction dimensions of is one of the the sexual response cycle, so with the improvement of female sexual function, sexual satisfaction also increases.
- •The findings of this clinical trial showed that wormwood vaginal gel can be used as a harmless topical supplement to improve sexual performance and sexual satisfaction of women of reproductive age.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction in allied health workers: a cross-sectional pilot study in a tertiary hospital in Singapore.BMC women's health. 2019; 19: 137
- Sexual dysfunction and health condition in Chinese doctor: prevalence and risk factors.Sci Rep. 2020; 10: 1-9
- Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction among premenopausal women: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.Sexual medicine reviews. 2016; 4: 197-212
- Berek & Novak's Gynecology.16 ed. Golban, Tehran2020
- Prevalence and risk factors of sexual dysfunction in healthy women in Turkey.African health sciences. 2019; 19: 2623-2633
- Prevalence and risk factors for low sexual function in women: a study of 1,009 women in an outpatient clinic of a university hospital in Istanbul.The journal of sexual medicine. 2008; 5: 2044-2052
- What is sexual satisfaction? Thematic analysis of lay people's definitions.Journal of sex research. 2014; 51: 22-30
- The Association of Sexual Dysfunction and Sexual Satisfaction with the Mediating Effect of Sexual Self-Efficacy among Married Women in Tehran.Community Health. 2019; 6: 397-405
- Anthropological Study In Traditional Herbal Medicine In Markazi Provice (Case Study: Mahallat City).Journal Of Islamic And Iranian Traditional Medicine. 2017; 8: 283-296
Basson R, McInnes R, Smith MD, Hodgson G, Koppiker NJJowsh, medicine g-b. Efficacy and safety of sildenafil citrate in women with sexual dysfunction associated with female sexual arousal disorder. 2002;11(4):367-77.
- Management of hypoactive sexual desire disorder in women: current and emerging therapies. 2010; 2: 167
- Traditional Medical Practices Used To Treat Diabetes.Journal Of Diabetes Nursing. 2013; 1: 52-61
- Study of Chemical Composition of Essential Oil of Afsantine (Artemisia absinthium) and Inhibitory Effects of the Essential Oil and Its Aqueous and Alcoholic Extracts on some Food Borne Bacterial Pathogens.Journal of Medicinal Plants. 2012; 11: 120-127
- Comparative study on geometric and histopathologic effects of polar, semi polar and non-polar fractions Artemisia absinthium extract in rat.Journal of Comparative Pathobiology. 2016; 13: 1829-1840
- Artemisia absinthium L.—Importance in the History of Medicine, the Latest Advances in Phytochemistry and Therapeutical, Cosmetological and Culinary Uses.Plants. 2020; 9: 1063
- Medicinal plants.Tehran Alamgir, 2002
- Vasodilator compounds derived from plants and their mechanisms of action.Molecules (Basel, Switzerland). 2013; 18: 5814-5857
- The effect of pomegranate peel gel on orgasm and sexual satisfaction of women in reproductive age: A triple-blind، randomized, controlled clinical trial. Iranian Journal Of Obstetrics, Gynecology And.Infertility. 2019; 22: 66-76
Soares S, Brandão E, Guerreiro C, Soares S, Mateus N, de Freitas V. Tannins in Food: Insights into the Molecular Perception of Astringency and Bitter Taste. Molecules (Basel, Switzerland). 2020;25(11).
- Tannins are astringent.Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2012; 1: 45-50
- Study on Phenolics and Antioxidant Activity of some Selected Plant of Mazandaran Province.Journal of Medicinal Plants. 2010; 9: 177-182
Hoseinian A, Moslemi HR, Sedaghat R. Antioxidant properties of Artemisia absinthium accelerate healing of experimental Achilles tendon injury in rabbits. Herba Polonica. 2018;64(1).
- Effect of aqueous extract of Artemisia absinthium L. on sex hormones, inflammatory cytokines and oxidative stress indices of ovarian tissue in polycystic ovary syndrome rat model.Journal of Babol University of Medical Sciences. 2017; 19: 50-56
- Bioactive compounds, pharmacological actions, and pharmacokinetics of wormwood (Artemisia absinthium).Antibiotics. 2020; 9: 353
- Squill Oxymel, a traditional formulation from Drimia Maritima (L.) Stearn, as an add-on treatment in patients with moderate to severe persistent asthma: A pilot, triple-blind, randomized clinical trial.J Ethnopharmacol. 2017; 196: 186-192
- Thirteen-week repeated dose toxicity study of wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) extract in rats.J Toxicol Sci. 2003; 28: 471-478
- The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): a multidimensional self-report instrument for the assessment of female sexual function.J Sex Marital Ther. 2000; 26: 191-208
- A longitudinal study of the effects of premarital communication, relationship stability, and self-esteem on sexual satisfaction in the first year of marriage.J Sex Marital Ther. 1998; 24: 193-206
- The structure of negative emotional states: Comparison of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales (DASS) with the Beck Depression and Anxiety Inventories.The structure of negative emotional states: Comparison of the Depression Anxiety Stress Scales (DASS) with the Beck Depression and Anxiety Inventories. 1995; 33: 335-343
- Effect of Squill on the sexual function among women of reproductive age.The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility. 2018; 21: 57-65
- The Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI): validation of the Iranian version. Health Monitor Journal of the Iranian Institute for Health Sciences.Research. 2008; 7: 269-278
- Psychometric Properties Of Iranian Version Of Female Sexual Function Index.Jundishapur Scientific Medical Journal. 2011; 10(4 (73)):345–54
- Validity and Reliability of the Persian Version of Larson sexual Satisfaction Questionnaire in Couples.Journal of Kerman University of Medical Sciences. 2016; 23: 344-356
- Effect of herbal composition (Oak Gall, pomegranate peel and Fenugreek Seeds) on sexual satisfaction of women at reproductive age.The Iranian Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Infertility. 2020; 23: 24-33
- Minireview: aromatase and the regulation of estrogen biosynthesis—some new perspectives. 2001; 142: 4589-4594
- Safety and Efficacy of a Testosterone Patch for the Treatment of Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder in Surgically Menopausal Women: A Randomized.Placebo-Controlled Trial Archives of Internal Medicine. 2005; 165: 1582
- Efficacy and safety of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) root extract in improving sexual function in women: a pilot study.Biomed Res Int. 2015; 2015: 1-9
- Richter HEJJopm, surgery.Local effects of vaginally administered estrogen therapy: a review. 2009; 15: 105-114
- Anti-inflammatory and analgesic activities of Artemisia absinthium and chemical composition of its essential oil.Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res. 2014; 38: 237-244
- Evaluation of topical antinociceptive effect of Artemisia absinthium extract in mice and possible mechanisms.African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2014; 8: 492-496
- Topical Effects of Artemisia Absinthium Ointment and Liniment in Comparison with Piroxicam Gel in Patients with Knee Joint Osteoarthritis: A Randomized Double-Blind Controlled Trial.Iranian journal of medical sciences. 2017; 42: 524-531
- Evaluation of antioxidant and free-radical scavenging potential of Artemisia absinthium.Pharm Biol. 2011; 49: 1216-1223