- •Follitropin—Δ is associated with increased FSH exposure due to unique glycosylation.
- •RCTs reported reduced gonadotropin need and more optimal response with follitropin- Δ.
- •RCTs included selected, better prognosis patients.
- •Retrospective analyses of REI practice’s experience with follitropin- Δ.
- •Less than “ideal” patients suggest similar findings to RCTs.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Factors that affect outcome of in-vitro fertilisation treatment.Lancet. 1996; 348: 1402-1406
Bosch E, Broer S, Griesinger G, Grynberg M, Humaidan P, Kolibianakis E, Kunicki M, La Marca A, Lainas G, Le Clef N, Massin N, Mastenbroek S, Polyzos N, Sunkara SK, Timeva T, Töyli M, Urbancsek J, Vermeulen N, Broekmans F. ESHRE guideline: ovarian stimulation for IVF/ICSI. Ovarian Stimulation TEGGO. Hum Reprod Open. 2020 May 1;2020(2):hoaa009. 10.1093/hropen/hoaa009.
- Oocyte number as a predictor for ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and live birth: an analysis of 256,381 in vitro fertilization cycles.Fertil Steril. 2014; 101: 967-973https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2013.12.026
- Association between the number of eggs and live birth in IVF treatment: an analysis of 400 135 treatment cycles.Hum Reprod. 2011; 26: 1768-1774https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/der106
Polyzos NP, Drakopoulos P, Parra J, Pellicer A, Santos-Ribeiro S, Tournaye H, Bosch E, Garcia-Velasco J. Cumulative live birth rates according to the number of oocytes retrieved after the first ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a multicenter multinational analysis including 15,000 women. Fertil Steril. 2018 ;110(4):661-70.e1. 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2018.04.039.
- ESTHER-1 study group. Individualized versus conventional ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization: a multicenter, randomized, controlled, assessor-blinded, phase 3 noninferiority trial.Fertil Steril. 2017; 107: 387-396https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fertnstert.2016.10.033
- Historical perspectives in gonadotrophin therapy.Hum Reprod Update. 2004; 10: 453-467https://doi.org/10.1093/humupd/dmh044
van Wely M, Kwan I, Burt AL, Thomas J, Vail A, Van der Veen F, Al-Inany HG. Recombinant versus urinary gonadotrophin for ovarian stimulation in assisted reproductive technology cycles. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011 Feb 16;2011(2):CD005354. 10.1002/14651858.CD005354.pub2.
- Different pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone (rFSH) derived from a human cell line compared with rFSH From a non-human cell line.J Pharmacol. 2014; 54: 1299-1307https://doi.org/10.1002/jcph.328
- Comparative pharmacology of a new recombinant FSH expressed by human cell line.Endocr Connect. 2017; 6: 297-305https://doi.org/10.1530/EC-17-0067
- Using AMH for determining a stratified gonadotropin dosing regimen for IVF/ICSI and optimizing outcomes.in: Seifer D.B. Tal R. Anti-Müllerian hormone: biology, role in ovarian function and clinical significance. Nova Science Publishers, Hauppauge, New York2016: 83-112
- Japanese Follitropin Delta Phase 2 Trial Group. Individualized follitropin delta dosing reduces OHSS risk in Japanese IVF/ICSI patients: a randomized controlled trial.RBMO. 2021; 42: 909-918https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2021.01.023
- A randomised controlled trial to clinically validate follitropin delta in its individualised dosing regimen for ovarian stimulation in Asian IVF/ICSI patients.Hum Reprod. 2021; 36: 2452-2462https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/deab155
Bosch E, Havelock J, Martin FS, Rasmussen BB, Klein BM, Mannaerts B, Arce JC; ESTHER-2 Study Group. Follitropin delta in repeated ovarian stimulation for IVF: a controlled, assessor-blind Phase 3 safety trial. RBMO 2019;38:195-205. 10.1016/j.rbmo.2018.10.012.
- Phase IV drug development.Perspect Clin Res. 2010; 1: 57-60
- Cumulative live birth rate: time for a consensus?.Hum Reprod. 2015; 30: 2703-2707https://doi.org/10.1093/humrep/dev263
- Establishing the follitropin delta dose that provides a comparable ovarian response to 150 IU/day follitropin alfa.RBMO. 2020; 41: 616-622https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rbmo.2020.07.006
Wyns C, Bergh C, Calhaz-Jorge C, De Geyter Ch, Kupka MS, Motrenko T, Rugescu I, Smeenk J, Tandler.Schneider A, Vidakovic S, Gossens V. The European IVF-monitoring Consortium for the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). ART in Europe, 2016: results generated from European registries by ESHRE. Hum Reprod Open 2020;0:1-17. 10.1093/hropen/hoaa032.
Hershkop E, Segal L, Fainaru O, Kol S. ‘Model’ versus ‘everyday’ patients: can randomized controlled trial data really be applied to the clinic? RBMO 2017;34:274-79. 10.1016/j.rbmo.2016.11.010.
- External validity of randomised controlled trials: “to whom do the results of this trial apply?”.Lancet. 2005; 365: 82-93https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(04)17670-8
- External validity: we need to do more.Ann Behav Med. 2006; 31: 105-108https://doi.org/10.1207/s15324796abm3102_1
- How to assess the external validity of therapeutic trials: a conceptual approach.Int J Epidemiol. 2010; 39: 89-94https://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyp174