Material and methods
Abbreviations:BMI (Body mass index), CI (Confidence interval), HCs (Hormonal contraceptives), IUD (Intrauterine device)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
Statistics Norway. Table 07459: Population by region, sex, age and year.(Updated 27.02.2020) https://www.ssb.no/statbank/table/07459/tableViewLayout1/ (20.10.2020).
Statistics Norway. Table 06831: Proportion persons by marital status, sex, age and year (Updated 23.01.2018) https://www.ssb.no/statbank/table/06831/tableViewLayout1 (20.10.2020).
- Changes in sexual attitudes and lifestyles in Britain through the life course and over time: findings from the National Surveys of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles (Natsal).Lancet. 2013; 382: 1781-1794
- Successful aging, change in sexual interest and sexual satisfaction in couples from four European Countries.Eur J Ageing. 2019; 16: 155-165
- Contraception in women over 40 years of age.CMAJ. 2013; 185: 565-573
- Clinical gynecology.Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, New York2006
- The contraception needs of the perimenopausal woman.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2014; 28: 903-915
- Advanced maternal age and adverse pregnancy outcomes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.PLoS One. 2017; 12https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0186287
- Advanced maternal age: adverse outcomes of pregnancy, a meta-analysis.Acta Med Port. 2019; 32: 219-226
- The impact of advanced maternal age on pregnancy outcome.Best Pract Res Clin Obset Gynaecol. 2021; 70: 2-9
- Non-contraceptive uses of levonorgestrel-releasing hormone system (LNG-IUS) - a systematic enquiry and overview.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2006; 125: 9-28
- Levonorgestrel intrauterine system versus medical therapy for menorrhagia.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 128-137
- Hormone replacement therapy in perimenopausal women with a triphasic contraceptive compund: a three-year prospective study.Int J Fertil. 1985; 30: 15-28
Hernandez E, Ferriss JS. Endometrial carcinoma. I: Bieber EJ, Sanfilippo JS, Horowitz IR, Shafi MI, red. Clinical Gynecology. 2. utg. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2015.
- Treatment results of endometrial hyperplasia after prospective D-score classification: A follow-up study comparing effect of LNG-IUD and oral progestins versus observation only.Gynecol Oncol. 2008; 111: 68-73
- Use of contraception in Norway 2005.J Norw Med Ass. 2007; 127 (In Norwegian): 2803-2805
- Contraceptive use in the Nordic countries.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2017; 96: 19-28
- Changes in the prevalence and profile of users of contraception in Britain 2000–2010: evidence from two National Surveys of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles.BMJ Sex Reprod Health. 2020; 46: 200-209
- Contraceptive use among women through their later reproductive years: Findings from an Australian prospective cohort study.PLoS One. 2021; 16
The Tromsø Study. https://uit.no/research/tromsostudy. (2021-11-24).
- Cohort profile: the Tromsø study.Int J Epidemiol. 2012; 41: 961-967
- Prevalence of combined contraceptive vaginal rings in Norway.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2016; 95: 1027-1033
- Determinants of contraceptive use among women of reproductive age in Great Britain and Germany I: demographic factors.J Biosoc Sci. 1997; 29: 415-435
- Reproductive changes among women in their 40s: A cross-sectional study.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2022; 101: 248-255
- Choice of contraceptive modality in Norway.Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 1994; 73: 48-52
Statistics Norway. Table 08921:Population by region, age 40-49, women, education, year 2015 https://www.ssb.no/statbank/table/08921/ (20.05.2022).
- Relapse risk of endometrial hyperplasia after treatment with the levonorgestrel-impregnated intrauterine system or oral progestogens.BJOG. 2016; 123: 1512-1519
- Do Norwegian providers comply with national recommendations when prescribing combined oral contraceptives to starters?.A cohort study BMJ Open. 2019; 9: e027888
- Hormonal contraceptive use in Norway, 2006–2020, by contraceptive type, age and county: A nationwide register-based study.Norsk Epidemiologi. 2021; 29: 55-62
- Contraceptive preferences and unmet need for contraception in midlife women: where are the data?.Women's Midlife Health. 2017; 3: 6https://doi.org/10.1186/s40695-017-0026-6