Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Global Cancer Statistics 2020: GLOBOCAN Estimates of Incidence and Mortality Worldwide for 36 Cancers in 185 Countries.CA Cancer J Clin. 2021; 71: 209-249
- 7 - The Aetiology and Pathology of Cancer of the Cervix.Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 1976; 3: 317-337
- Contribution to the study of the etiology and prevention of cancer of the cervix of the uterus.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1950; 60: 516-522
- Carcinoma of the cervix in nulliparous and celibate women.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1955; 69: 606-613
The discoveries of human papilloma viruses that cause cervical cancer and of human immunodeficiency virus2008.
- Human papilloma viruses and cancer.Bibl Haematol. 1975; 43: 569-571
zur Hausen H. Condylomata acuminata and human genital cancer. Cancer Res. 1976;36(2 pt 2):794.
- Molecular cloning and characterization of human papilloma virus DNA derived from a laryngeal papilloma.J Virol. 1982; 44: 393-400
- Analysis of human genital warts (condylomata acuminata) and other genital tumors for human papillomavirus type 6 DNA.Int J Cancer. 1982; 29: 143-146
- Structure and transcription of human papillomavirus sequences in cervical carcinoma cells.Nature. 1985; 314: 111-114
- The natural history of human papillomavirus infection.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2018; 47: 2-13
- A vaccine to prevent cervical cancer: academic and industrial collaboration and a Lasker award.Clin Transl Immunology. 2018; 7: e1002
- Expression of vaccinia recombinant HPV 16 L1 and L2 ORF proteins in epithelial cells is sufficient for assembly of HPV virion-like particles.Virology. 1991; 185: 251-257
- HPV-1 L1 protein expressed in cos cells displays conformational epitopes found on intact virions.Virology. 1992; 190: 548-552
- Papillomavirus L1 major capsid protein self-assembles into virus-like particles that are highly immunogenic.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992; 89: 12180-12184
- Evolution of the antibody response to human papillomavirus type 11 (HPV-11) in patients with condyloma acuminatum according to treatment response.J Med Virol. 1993; 39: 340-344
- Finding a vaccine for human papillomavirus.Lancet. 2006; 367: 2058-2059
- Systemic immunization with papillomavirus L1 protein completely prevents the development of viral mucosal papillomas.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995; 92: 11553-11557
- Immunization with viruslike particles from cottontail rabbit papillomavirus (CRPV) can protect against experimental CRPV infection.J Virol. 1995; 69: 3959-3963
- Safety and Immunogenicity Trial in Adult Volunteers of a Human Papillomavirus 16 L1 Virus-Like Particle Vaccine.JNCI: J Natl Cancer Institute. 2001; 93: 284-292
- A Controlled Trial of a Human Papillomavirus Type 16 Vaccine.N Engl J Med. 2002; 347: 1645-1651
Siddiqui MA, Perry CM. Human papillomavirus quadrivalent (types 6, 11, 16, 18) recombinant vaccine (Gardasil). Drugs. 2006;66(9):1263-71; discussion 72-3.
Nancy B. Miller MD. Clinical Review of Biologics License Application for Human Papillomavirus 6, 11, 16, 18 L1 Virus Like Particle Vaccine (S. cerevisiae).
(STN 125126 GARDASIL), manufactured by Merck, Inc. Food and Drug Administration. June 8, 2006.
- Prophylactic quadrivalent human papillomavirus (types 6, 11, 16, and 18) L1 virus-like particle vaccine in young women: a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled multicentre phase II efficacy trial.Lancet Oncol. 2005; 6: 271-278
Quadrivalent Vaccine against Human Papillomavirus to Prevent High-Grade Cervical Lesions. New Engl J Med 2007;356(19):1915-27.
- Quadrivalent Vaccine against Human Papillomavirus to Prevent Anogenital Diseases.N Engl J Med. 2007; 356: 1928-1943
Gardasil European Medicines Agency2006 [updated 11/01/2022. Available from: https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/medicines/human/EPAR/gardasil.
- Early effect of the HPV vaccination programme on cervical abnormalities in Victoria, Australia: an ecological study.Lancet. 2011; 377: 2085-2092
- Impact of a population-based HPV vaccination program on cervical abnormalities: a data linkage study.BMC Med. 2013; 11: 227
- Reduction in human papillomavirus (HPV) prevalence among young women following HPV vaccine introduction in the United States, National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys, 2003–2010.J Infect Dis. 2013; 208: 385-393
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine and autonomic disorders: a position statement from the American Autonomic Society.Clin Auton Res. 2020; 30: 13-18
HSE. HPV Vaccine Safety and Effectiveness 2006 - 2022 2022 [updated 2 March 2022. Available from: https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/othervaccines/hpv/hpvsafety/.
- HPV Vaccination and the Risk of Invasive Cervical Cancer.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 1340-1348
- Cervical Cancer Incidence in Young U.S. Females After Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Introduction.Am J Prev Med. 2018; 55: 197-204
- Vaccination protects against invasive HPV-associated cancers.Int J Cancer. 2018; 142: 2186-2187
- Efficacy of Quadrivalent HPV Vaccine against HPV Infection and Disease in Males.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 401-411
- Population-level impact and herd effects following the introduction of human papillomavirus vaccination programmes: updated systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet. 2019; 394: 497-509
HSE H. HSE School Vaccination Programme: HPV, Tdap, MenC/MenACWY Uptake; 2021.
- Population-level impact and herd effects following human papillomavirus vaccination programmes: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Infect Dis. 2015; 15: 565-580
- Consensus statement from 17 relevant Japanese academic societies on the promotion of the human papillomavirus vaccine.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 2291-2292
(EMA) EMA. Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC), Review concludes evidence does not support that HPV vaccines cause CRPS or POTS 2015 [Available from: http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Agenda/2015/11/WC500196309.pdf.
- Mathematical models for predicting the epidemiologic and economic impact of vaccination against human papillomavirus infection and disease.Epidemiol Rev. 2006; 28: 88-100