Abbreviations:ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists), HbA1c (glycosylated haemoglobin), ICU (intensive care unit), IQR (interquartile range), NICE (National Institute for Health and Care Excellence), PGDM (pregestational diabetes mellitus), WHO (World Health Organization)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Type 1 Diabetes in Pregnancy.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2019; 48: 495-509
- Type 2 Diabetes in Pregnancy.Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2019; 48: 511-531
- Red blood cell survival and kinetics during pregnancy.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2000; 93: 185-192
- Age distribution of erythrocyte population in late pregnancy.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1990; 30: 147-149
- Characteristics and outcomes of pregnant women with type 1 or type 2 diabetes: a 5-year national population-based cohort study.Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2021; 9: 153-164
Federational ID. 1. International Diabetes Federational : IDF Atlas.9th Edition2019. IDF; 2019.
Excellence NNIfHaC. Diabetes in Pregnancy: Management of Diabetes and Its Complications from Preconception to the Postnatal Period. London: National Collaborating Centre for Ws, Children's H. National Institute for Health and Care Excellence; 2015 2015. Contract No.: NG63.
- Hyperglycemia and Adverse Pregnancy Outcome (HAPO) Study: associations of maternal A1C and glucose with pregnancy outcomes.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 574-580
- Poor glycated haemoglobin control and adverse pregnancy outcomes in type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus: Systematic review of observational studies.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2006; 6: 30
WHO Guidelines Approved by the Guidelines Review Committee. Use of Glycated Haemoglobin (HbA1c) in the Diagnosis of Diabetes Mellitus: Abbreviated Report of a WHO Consultation. Geneva: World Health Organization Copyright © World Health Organization 2011.; 2011.
- The effect of anaemia and abnormalities of erythrocyte indices on HbA1c analysis: a systematic review.Diabetologia. 2015; 58: 1409-1421
- Red blood cell distribution width in pregnancy: a systematic review.Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2018; 28030502
- Prevention and detection of diabetic embryopathy.Community Genet. 2002; 5: 33-39
- Perinatal mortality and congenital anomalies in babies of women with type 1 or type 2 diabetes in England, Wales, and Northern Ireland: population based study.BMJ. 2006; 333: 177
- Infant of diabetic mother: what one needs to know?.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2020; 33: 482-492
- Outcome of pregnancies complicated by type 1 insulin-dependent diabetes in Sweden: acute pregnancy complications, neonatal mortality and morbidity.Am J Perinatol. 1993; 10: 330-333
- ATLANTIC DIP: pregnancy outcome for women with pregestational diabetes along the Irish Atlantic seaboard.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 1205-1206
- Pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes: have the goals of St. Vincent declaration been met concerning foetal and neonatal complications?.J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2013; 26: 1682-1686
- Maternal and fetal outcome in women with type 2 versus type 1 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and metaanalysis.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 4284-4291
- Different intensities of glycaemic control for pregnant women with pre-existing diabetes.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 8 (Cd008540)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in pregnancy: The impact of maternal weight and early glycaemic control on outcomes.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2019; 233: 53-57
- Fetal overgrowth in women with type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.PLoS One. 2017; 12: e0187917
- Pre-existing diabetes, maternal glycated haemoglobin, and the risks of fetal and infant death: a population-based study.Diabetologia. 2014; 57: 285-294
- Preterm delivery in women with pregestational diabetes mellitus or chronic hypertension relative to women with uncomplicated pregnancies. The National institute of Child health and Human Development Maternal- Fetal Medicine Units Network.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2000; 183: 1520-1524
- Type I diabetes mellitus and pregnancy.Lancet. 1995; 346: 157-161
EA Reece DC SG. Diabetes in women: adolescence, pregnancy, and menopause. 3rd ed: Wolters Kluwer; 2004 2004.
- HbA1c variability as an independent correlate of nephropathy, but not retinopathy, in patients with type 2 diabetes: the Renal Insufficiency And Cardiovascular Events (RIACE) Italian multicenter study.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 2301-2310
- Factors associated with preterm delivery in women with type 1 diabetes: a cohort study.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 2824-2828
- Pregnancy in women with diabetic nephropathy.J Nephrol. 2019; 32: 379-388
ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 201: Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus. Obstetrics and gynecology. 2018;132(6):e228-e48.
- Changes in age distribution of erythrocytes during pregnancy: a longitudinal study.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1993; 36: 141-144
- Erythropoiesis in pregnancy.Br J Haematol. 1986; 64: 595-599
- Humoral regulation of erythropoiesis. VII. Shortened survival of erythrocytes produced by erythropoietine or severe anemia.Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 1961; 107: 884-887
- Hematologic changes associated with pregnancy.Clin Obstet Gynecol. 1979; 22: 785-798