- •High PAPP-A or free β-hCG levels lead to anxiety despite low risk for trisomies.
- •The significance of extremely high PAPP-A or free β-hCG remains unclear.
- •Most pregnancies with extremely increased PAPP-A or free β-hCG have good outcomes.
- •Counselling in patients with extremely high PAPP-A or free β-hCG should be favorable.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- First trimester maternal serum free beta human chorionic gonadotrophin and pregnancy associated plasma protein A as predictors of pregnancy complications.BJOG. 2000; 107: 1265-1270
- Early pregnancy levels of pregnancy-associated plasma protein a and the risk of intrauterine growth restriction, premature birth, preeclampsia, and stillbirth.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2002; 87: 1762-1767
- First Trimester Maternal Serum Screening Using Biochemical Markers PAPP-A and Free beta-hCG for Down Syndrome, Patau Syndrome and Edward Syndrome.Indian J Clin Biochem. 2013; 28: 3-12
- Predicting complications of pregnancy with first-trimester maternal serum free-betahCG, PAPP-A and inhibin-A.Prenat Diagn. 2003; 23: 990-996
- Disruption of insulin-like growth factor-II imprinting during embryonic development rescues the dwarf phenotype of mice null for pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A.J Endocrinol. 2005; 186: 325-331
- Prediction of adverse pregnancy outcomes by extreme values of first trimester screening markers.Obstet Med. 2017; 10: 132-137
- Multivariate analysis identifies the estradiol level at ovulation triggering as an independent predictor of the first trimester pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A level in IVF/ICSI pregnancies.Hum Reprod. 2013; 28: 2636-2642
- Influence of medically assisted reproduction techniques on crown-rump length and biochemical markers of trisomy 21 in the first trimester of pregnancy.Fertil Steril. 2016; 105: 410-416
- The first trimester aneuploidy biochemical markers in IVF/ICSI patients have no additional benefit compared to spontaneous conceptions in the prediction of pregnancy complications.J Perinat Med. 2018; 46: 953-959
- Effect of smoking on pregnancy-associated plasma protein A, free beta-human chorionic gonadotropin, and nuchal translucency in the first trimester of pregnancy.Adv Ther. 2006; 23: 131-138
- First-trimester maternal serum PAPP-A and free-beta subunit human chorionic gonadotropin concentrations and nuchal translucency are associated with obstetric complications: a population-based screening study (the FASTER Trial).Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 1446-1451
- Association of extreme first-trimester free human chorionic gonadotropin-beta, pregnancy-associated plasma protein A, and nuchal translucency with intrauterine growth restriction and other adverse pregnancy outcomes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 191: 1452-1458
- First trimester maternal serum free human chorionic gonadotropin as a predictor of adverse pregnancy outcome.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2002; 17: 352-356
- The insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-dependent IGF binding protein-4 protease secreted by human fibroblasts is pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999; 96: 3149-3153
- Low First Trimester Pregnancy-Associated Plasma Protein-A Levels Are Not Associated with an Increased Risk of Intrapartum Fetal Compromise or Adverse Neonatal Outcomes: A Retrospective Cohort Study.J Clin Med. 2020; 9: 1108
- The clinical usefulness of biochemical (free beta-hCg, PaPP-a) and ultrasound (nuchal translucency) parameters in prenatal screening of trisomy 21 in the first trimester of pregnancy.Ginekol Pol. 2019; 90: 161-166
- Frequency and clinical consequences of extremely high maternal serum PAPP-A levels.Prenat Diagn. 2003; 23: 385-388