- •Vaginal bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy is feasible at the time of vaginal hysterectomy for pelvic organ prolapse and more likely to succeed when intention to complete vaginally is high.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- Prophylactic and risk-reducing bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy: Recommendations based on risk of ovarian cancer.Obstet Gynecol. 2010; 116: 733-743
- ESHRE guideline: endometriosis.Hum Reprod Open. 2022; 2022https://doi.org/10.1093/hropen/hoac009
- Ovarian conservation at the time of hysterectomy and long-term health outcomes in the nurses’ health study.Obstet Gynecol. 2009; 113: 1027-1037
- Risk of oophorectomy after hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 2013; 121: 1069-1074
Committee Opinion No 701: Choosing the Route of Hysterectomy for Benign Disease. Obstet Gynecol. 2017;129(6):e155–9. Doi: 10.1097/AOG.0000000000002112.
Cohen Sarah L., Vitonis Allison F., Einarsson Jon I. Updated hysterectomy surveillance and factors associated with minimally invasive hysterectomy. J Soc Laparoendosc Surg. 2014;18(3). Doi: 10.4293/JSLS.2014.00096.
- Adnexal surgery at the time of hysterectomy in women 65 years and older undergoing hysterectomy for prolapse: do practice trends differ by route of surgery?.Int Urogynecol J. 2021; 32: 2185-2193
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 175: 10-17
- Factors affecting prophylactic oophorectomy in postmenopausal women.Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 94: 962-968https://doi.org/10.1016/s0029-7844(99)00452-4
- Predictors of successful salpingo-oophorectomy at the time of vaginal hysterectomy.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2012; 19: 58-62https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2011.09.008
- Factors affecting the feasibility of bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy during vaginal hysterectomy for uterine prolapse.Aust New Zeal J Obstet Gynaecol. 2011; 51: 307-309https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1479-828X.2011.01323.x
- Feasibility of prophylactic salpingectomy during vaginal hysterectomy.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2017; 217: 605.e1-605.e5https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2017.07.017
- Feasibility of Oophorectomy at the Time of Vaginal Hysterectomy in Patients with Pelvic Organ Prolapse.J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2019; 26: 1063-1069https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmig.2018.10.010
SGO Clinical Practice Statement : Salpingectomy for Ovarian Cancer Prevention 2013;204(1):2–3.
Opportunistic salpingectomy as a strategy for epithelia ovarian cancer prevention. ACOG Committee Opinion No. 774. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol. 2019;133:e279-84.
- The feasibility and safety of transvaginal bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy.Int J Gynecol Obstet. 2018; 141: 344-348https://doi.org/10.1002/ijgo.12458
- Prophylactic bilateral oophorectomy during vaginal hysterectomy for benign pathology.Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2009; 280: 87-90https://doi.org/10.1007/s00404-008-0879-x
- Adnexectomy at the time of vaginal hysterectomy for pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2020; 31: 373-379https://doi.org/10.1007/s00192-019-03967-0
- Transvaginal mobilization and removal of ovaries and fallopian tubes after vaginal hysterectomy.Obstet Gynecol. 1996; 87: 35-39https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-7844(95)00346-0