Abbreviations:POP (pelvic organ prolapse), LUTS (lower urinary tract symptoms), UDS (urodynamic study), VH (vaginal hysterectomy), USL (utero-sacral ligament), MMC (modified McCall culdoplasty), SUI (stress urinary incontinence), POP-Q (POP Quantification System), BMI (body mass index), CRD (chronic respiratory disease), PVR (post-void residual), OAB (overactive bladder), PFMT (pelvic floor muscle training)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
- ACOG Practice Bulletin, Number 214.Obstet Gynecol. 2019 Nov; 134: e126-e142
- Epidemiology and outcome assessment of pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2013 Nov; 24: 1783-1790
Harvey MA, Chih HJ, Geoffrion R, Amir B, Bhide A, Miotla P, Rosier PFWM, Offiah I, Pal M, Alas AN. International Urogynecology Consultation Chapter 1 Committee 5: relationship of pelvic organ prolapse to associated pelvic floor dysfunction symptoms: lower urinary tract, bowel, sexual dysfunction and abdominopelvic pain. Int Urogynecol J. 2021 Oct;32(10):2575-2594.
- Systematic review of lower urinary tract symptoms occurring with pelvic organ prolapse.Arab J Urol. 2019 Apr 3; 17: 23-29
- Pelvic organ prolapse and overactive bladder.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 30-39
- Significance of bladder trabeculation in postmenopausal women with severe pelvic organ prolapse: clinical and urodynamic assessments.Menopause. 2013 Aug; 20: 813-817
- Detrusor underactivity in pelvic organ prolapse.Int Urogynecol J. 2018 Aug; 29: 1111-1116
- Clinical and Urodynamic Findings Before and After Surgical Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse in Women with Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. A Prospective Observational Study.Urology. 2022 Sep; 167: 90-95
- The standardisation of terminology of lower urinary tract function: report from the standardisation sub-committee of the International Continence Society.Neurourol Urodyn. 2002; 21: 167-178
- International Continence Society Good Urodynamic Practices and Terms 2016: Urodynamics, uroflowmetry, cystometry, and pressure-flow study.Neurourol Urodyn. 2017 Jun; 36: 1243-1260
- Urodynamic features and artefacts.Neurourol Urodyn. 2012 Sep; 31: 1104-1117
- Pressure flow urodynamic studies: the gold standard for diagnosing bladder outlet obstruction.Rev Urol. 2005; 7: S14-S21
- Mechanisms, Evaluation, and Management of Chronic Constipation.Gastroenterology. 2020 Apr; 158: 1232-1249.e3
- Urodynamic profile of voiding in patients with pelvic organ prolapse after surgery: a systematic review with meta-analysis.Int Urogynecol J. 2022 Apr 23;
- Predictors of voiding dysfunction following extensive vaginal pelvic reconstructive surgery.Int Urogynecol J. 2017 Apr; 28: 575-582
- Pessary reduction and postoperative cure of retention in women with anterior vaginal wall prolapse.Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct. 2004; 15: 175-178
- Pelvic organ prolapse.Lancet. 2007 Mar 24; 369: 1027-1038
Developed by the Joint Writing Group of the American Urogynecologic Society and the International Urogynecological Association. Joint report on terminology for surgical procedures to treat pelvic organ prolapse. Int Urogynecol J. 2020 Mar;31(3):429-463.
- The standardization of terminology of female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic floor dysfunction.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 1996 Jul; 175: 10-17
- Implications of abdominal straining in women with lower urinary tract symptoms.Urology. 2002; 60: 428-433
- Outcomes of transvaginal uterosacral ligament suspension: systematic review and metaanalysis.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Feb; 202: 124-134
Delancey JO, Kane Low L, Miller JM, Patel DA, Tumbarello JA. Graphic integration of causal factors of pelvic floor disorders: an integrated life span model. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2008 Dec;199(6):610.e1-5.
- Relationship between high intra-abdominal pressure and compliance of the pelvic floor support system in women without pelvic organ prolapse: A finite element analysis.Front Med (Lausanne). 2022 Aug; 8820016
- Medium-term effects on voiding function after pelvic reconstructive surgery of advanced pelvic organ prolapse: Is postoperative uroflowmetry necessary?.Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2021 Mar; 258: 447-451
- Clinical outcomes of detrusor underactivity in female with advanced pelvic organ prolapse following vaginal pelvic reconstructive surgery.Neurourol Urodyn. 2018 Sep; 37: 2242-2248
- Healthy, middle-aged, history-free, continent women–do they strain to void?.J Urol. 2006 Apr; 175: 1403-1407
- The effect of pelvic floor muscle training for women with pelvic organ prolapse: a meta-analysis.Int Urogynecol J. 2022 Jul; 33: 1789-1801
- Conservative prevention and management of pelvic organ prolapse in women.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011; 7: CD003882
Braekken IH, Majida M, Engh ME, Bø K. Can pelvic floor muscle training reverse pelvic organ prolapse and reduce prolapse symptoms? An assessor-blinded, randomized, controlled trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2010 Aug;203(2):170.e1-7.
Haya N, Feiner B, Baessler K, Christmann-Schmid C, Maher C. Perioperative interventions in pelvic organ prolapse surgery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018 Aug 19;8(8):CD013105.