- •No significant increase or decrease in cancer cervix cases was noted during the pandemic period.
- •Referral routes were also unchanged.
- •Statistically significant stage migration from FIGO stage 2 to stage 3 was noted in pandemic period cases.
- •More research is required to see if the findings are noted on wider population base.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology
Nick Reed, Janos Balega, Tara Barwick, Lynn Buckley, Kevin Burton, Gemma Eminowicz et al. British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS) Cervical Cancer Guidelines: Recommendations for Practice.
- Effect of delays in the 2-week-wait cancer referral pathway during the COVID-19 pandemic on cancer survival in the UK: a modelling study.Lancet Oncol. 2020; 21: 1035-1044
C. Pearce NHS England is reviewing suspension of national screening programmes PULSE Magazine. 20040657.article (2020). http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/clinical/clinicalspecialties/ cancer/nhs-england-is-reviewing-suspension-of-national-screeningprogrammes/.
- The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cancer deaths due to delays in diagnosis in England, UK: a national, population-based, modelling study.Lancet Oncol. 2020; 21: 1023-1034
- Maintaining surgical care delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic: a comparative cohort study at a tertiary gynecological cancer centre.Gynecol Oncol. 2020; 160: 649-654
Bostock N. Patients waiting more than a month for urgent cancer checks amid COVID-19 crisis. GPonline, May 20, 2020. https://www.gponline.com/patients-waiting-month-urgent-cancer-checksamid-covid-19-crisis/article/1681673 (accessed June 29, 2020).
- Impact of COVID-19 on cervical cancer screening rates among women aged 21–65 years in a large integrated health care system-Southern California, 1 January–30 September 2019 and 1 January–30 September, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70: 109-113
NCIN. Cancer Waiting times, http://www.ncin.org.uk/collecting_and_using_data/data_collection/gfocw. 2010.
- COVID-19 pandemic effects on cervical cancer diagnosis and management: a population-based study in romania.Diagnostics. 2022; 12: 907
- Impact of the COVID-19-pandemic on patients with gynecological malignancies undergoing surgery: A Dutch population-based study using data from the ‘Dutch Gynecological Oncology Audit’.Gynecol Oncol. 2022; 165: 330-338
Zachary J Ward, Magdalena Walbaum, Benjamin Walbaum, Maria Jose Guzman, Jorge Jimenez de la Jara, Bruno Nervi, Rifat Atun. Estimating the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on diagnosis and survival of five cancers in Chile from 2020 to 2030: a simulation-based analysis. Lancet Oncol 2021; 22: 1427–37. Published Online September 3, 2021 https://doi.org/10.1016/ S1470-2045(21)00426-5.
- Outcomes of gynecologic cancer surgery during the COVID-19 pandemic: an international, multicenter, prospective CovidSurg-Gynecologic Oncology Cancer study.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2022 Nov; 227: 735.e1-735.e25